Wednesday, September 10, 2014
My go to, must haves for my life on the road.
Here are the things I have come to love along the way, my "never leave home without", my "go to" products, my "fixer uppers", my "must haves" to help me look and feel and smell my best under the circumstances of humidity, sweat, dancing, tangles, body odor and so much more.
This may all be in fact in my head, you might read this and think "What??? no...she always smells...whatever she is using is clearly not working!!!? but...These are my efforts to smelling and feeling fresh.
1. I have tried every kind of deodorant and it seems that this is the brand that doesn't have me doing the nervous sweaty pits look... You're not hot, your cold in fact but those pits are sweaty!! Aggghh!!! Secret is my fave brand. I know everyone has their go to brand...this is mine. And the spring breeze scent is my fave.
2. Hand sanitizer is a must. I am not an overly germaphobic person, however...I am a huggy person and I think a little hand sanitizer goes a long way when I have my arms wrapped about sweaty shoulders. You get it.
3. I have this thing of smelling like me even when I'm on the road. I will spray my perfume on me right before bed b/c I am in some random strange hotel and I need the comforts of home. Pink Sugar. Oh how I love Pink Sugar. You can't get it i departments stores anymore so I have to chase it down wherever I can. Sometimes that's at Burlington Coat Factory, the other day it was CVS Pharmacy. If I see it, I buy it. I love the travel size 3 oz bottle so I can get it past TSA. :D The other month I found a great new scent at American Eagle Outfitters called Vintage. It's so dang good. You can spray and spray in it and it's just that perfect blend of sweet and earthy.
4. I hot curling iron is a must. I found one at Walmart that gets to 400 degrees and heats up lickity split. I also found a tiny blow dryer that I can whip out anywhere and a great flat iron from Walmart as well (beauticians may cringe) and it comes with this itty bitty version you can fit in your purse. Perfect for travel. If my hair looks somewhat pulled together it helps with the whole appearance of not looking totally sweaty and gross... I can't wear my hair in a pony tail. I get major headaches and it's not worth it so I've learned along the way how to wear it down and then help it...and fast! I'm not a get ready forever kind of girl...there's more to do than to fiddle fiddle fiddle with the hair. And when all else fails, find an awesome hat.
5. Matrix Exquisite Oil tames my mane. It gives it shine and helps defrizz when the humidity is just too much. Pair that with Tony & Guy Sea Salt Texturizing Spray that gives it lift and helps with the wave and I'm working with a much better foundation.
6. I am also a huge fan of Rave hairspray. I swear this stuff if like glue if you need it to be. :D and there are times I really need it to be. It's affordable, if I forget to take it out of my carryon I ain't sweatin' the price I can go get another bottle and not break the bank. It's a classic and my mom used it and so do I. A family trusted brand.
7. I love to have jewelry that I can wear while working out. I have found pieces along the way that wear well in the sweat. I have a necklace with the initials KMB on it for Kass and Brain Martin (the order was only for the look of the letters) as well as these friendship type bracelets I found at the Mesa Arizona Airport in a random shop while I was passing time and having some retail therapy while I was away from my loves. I never take these off. I also added some fun bright bracelets I found from H&M in the airport in Copenhagen. I find some serious gems along the way. I have a new necklace I bought in Jerusalem that I have added to the bunch which has a special meaning to me. Wearing jewelry makes me feel that although I'm in workout gear a lot I can still feel "ready" or "done up" This may be in my head but oh well.
There are a million other things I bring...these are the staples...I am not a light packer and it's one of the things I'm working on. :D Until then...I'm bringing it all!!!!!
Posted by Kass Martin